Best Tax Accountant in Toronto & Mississauga Excellent accounting firm! I had been to the Scarborough branch where I met Sohail; who is a quite person but very passionate, professional, and approachable. He and his staff take care of you every step of the way. They value your time and reduce your stress by responding and updating very quickly. Highly recommend.“" Karima Jivani 5.0

Skip to content

Winning a contract in USA Tax

3.67K viewsTax Questions

I have won a contract in the US which is worth about USD$145,000. Most of the money will be paid out to contractors in Canada and in India. Should I Incorporate a company for this and what would be the USA and Canadian tax implications?

Randy Dueck Changed status to publish December 23, 2019

You should incorporate the company as this will reduce your liability. Please hire all subcontractors through your corporation. Remember you have to issue T5018 slip for Canadian subcontractors.

You will not be paying any tax in USA, as long as you do not have any permanent establishment in USA and you do not stay in USA for more than 06 months.

Randy Dueck Changed status to publish December 23, 2019