U.S. Tax Accounting in Mississauga

Even if you don’t live in the U.S., you still have to file taxes.
GTA Accounting is your U.S. Tax Accounting partner in Mississauga.

Why Choose A US Tax Accounting Service in Mississauga?

The U.S. is one of the few countries where you have to pay taxes even if your income is in another country. The same is true for Canada. So does this mean that you have to pay twice the tax? Not at all. The U.S.-Canada Tax Treaty makes sure that you don’t have to pay double taxes.

The first thing that you must think about is whether you should file U.S. taxes at all. If you have a green card or are a U.S. citizen, you have to file tax returns. It doesn’t matter if you reside in Canada or somewhere else. Whether you have just moved to Canada or have been living here all your life, you still have to file your taxes in the U.S. That’s not all. You also have to file your taxes in Canada. That is a very confusing situation. Where should you file first? Where do you get foreign tax credits? How will you handle all the planning and preparation to file two taxes?

Also, the taxation landscape is constantly changing. If you spend time keeping up with the ever-changing regulations, you miss out on various opportunities running your business. If you run your business, you run the risk of not knowing the latest tax laws and incurring heavy penalties and interests.

This is where GTA Accounting comes to your rescue. We are a renowned and highly experienced accounting firm in Mississauga and beyond. We help our clients make sense of this complex situation and ensure that they get all the benefits from the U.S.-Canada treaty.

We understand how busy you have to be with your business. That is why we handle all your taxation issues and make sure that you are always on top of them. Whether you want to file U.S. tax returns or Canadian tax returns, we know exactly what you need, the documentation you need, the filing time, and more. We help you with all of that and more.

Our CPA answers all your questions and offers you insights and advice on your tax planning and preparation so that you have to pay the least amount of tax.

Request More Information

Discover how we can help you be more organized and use real data to move your business to the next level.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Google Reviews

4.9 Average Rating | Over 200 Reviews

Steven Matos, Toronto CPA

Meet Our CPA

Steven Matos is a Chartered Professional Accountant at GTA Accounting, a Toronto-based accounting firm with offices in Toronto, and Mississauga. The firm touts a high 5-star Google rating and has been selected by Clutch for service awards two years in a row.

Because of Steve's business background, he is able to pair bookkeeping and tax services with management consulting providing an edge over other similar accounting firms. Offering affordable rates, GTA Accounting works with small business owners and large companies with over $40 million in annual gross revenue.

Head Office:
Unit 501 – 250 Consumers Road
North York M2J 4V6

GTA featured in Toronto Star

GTA Accounting Featured in the Toronto Star

"GTA Accounting brings one-stop accounting to the cloud"

We Provide U.S. Tax Accounting Services in Mississauga For U.S. Citizen Residing in Canada

Whether you have to file taxes in the U.S. depends on your citizenship and not on your residency. As a U.S. citizen, you have to file taxes no matter where you live. You could live anywhere in the entire world and still have to pay your taxes in the U.S. The same is true for green cardholders. They, too, have to file taxes whether they are in the U.S. or anywhere else in the world.

Client Success Stories

Get Your Past U.S. Tax Returns Filed

If you haven’t paid your taxes in the last few years, you can do so without incurring any penalties by filing three years of streamlined tax returns. This will also include Form 114, “Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts” (FBAR), as well as Form 3520, “Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts.”

If you haven’t paid your taxes for more than three years, you can file annual U.S. income tax returns by streamlined filing for five years of income tax returns. This includes the same two forms: Form 114 and Form 3520. Also, when you file for five years of streamlined income tax returns, you also qualify for the Form 8854 “Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement.”

Why Choose GTA Accounting?

Every year in Canada, legislators tweak and twist financial laws, leaving the average individual and business owner at a loss when faced with making financial decisions. We stay on top of new financial and tax laws on your behalf and offer custom made tax accounting and financial advice to help you and your business develop budgets and set financial goals. Still not convinced about what makes us a professional accounting firm? Read further below:

Canadian Residents With Ties to the U.S.

Whether you are a U.S. Citizen in Canada or a Canadian citizen in the U.S., GTA Accounting has the experience, skills, and the up to date knowledge to help you out. We help Canadian residents who:

  • Receive director fees from U.S. corporations
  • Commute to work in the U.S
  • Own rental property in the U.S.
  • Partnership interests in U.S. partnerships
  • Emigrated from Canada to work in the U.S.
  • Inherit pension or receive pension from previous years when they worked in the U.S.
  • Are or were students in the U.S. earning income during student status.
  • Moved from the U.S. to Canada during the year.
  • Are athletes or entertainers performing in the U.S.

Leverage the United States-Canada Income Tax Treaty to Reduce Double Taxation

We make sure to leverage the tax treaty between Canada and the United States to make sure you don’t pay double taxes. You don’t have to learn all the rules of the treaty. You just have to trust GTA Accounting. This way, you focus on your business while taking care of your US tax accounting in Mississauga.

Get a Free Consultation

If you're ready to find out how an Accounting firm in Downtown Toronto can help you make your payroll a seamless process, contact us for a Free Consultation.